PRAISE FOR FINDING LOVE'S WINGS

"Journey to an island paradise and fall in love. This story will make you yearn for the power of love, the sting of passion, and the addiction of desire!" Sam at Faerie Tale Books 5 Stars

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

To My Editor...

My beautiful editor, Sione, and I have finished a round of line editing on my upcoming novel, Finding Love’s Wings – due out in May 2013 and I’m happy to report that the progress on FLW’s is AMAZING.

Sione’s hard work and dedication to my project has kept me on track, excited and focused on completing my story. She has never given up on me, though I’m sure there were a few cuss words involved when it came to editing FLW.

She always managed to lift me up when I was feeling really down about seeing my work torn apart. As a first time author, I questioned whether or not I should be doing this. I debated on whether or not all this frustration was really worth it. I was open and honest with Sione and she showed me that she wasn’t butchering my work. She was enhancing the foundation that was already laid out for her.

While I still question whether or not I should be a writer, I’ve decided that I will only be able to know if my writing abilities are what I imagine them to be, is to get my story out there.

The story must go on.. Oh wait, that should say. The show must go on..well, mine is a story.

I choose to work with Sione because, while I adore my friends to death, they too have lives. The advice that I was looking for from my friends either never came, or came in a very slow fashion, plus it was a little bias. Most of all, I needed an unbiased opinion about my work, and Sione was the perfect match to provide me with that amazing feedback.

Her open and unbiased opinion has turned into a 3 month long relationship of love and hate. Of course the end result is nothing but love.

While I’ve been feeling down, for the last few weeks, about my work, I will not give up. I will keep editing and editing and editing away until I’m able to deliver a very well written book and hope you all love the story as much as I do.

Lastly.. My dearest Sione;

Without you, Finding Love’s Wings wouldn’t have a name. Without you, I wouldn’t be able to share my SQWEE’s of excitement over the little things, like book covers and blog headers, and most of all, out of all of this, I consider you to be a good, dear friend. I’m so excited to share this story with the world and I’m even more excited that you’re along for the journey.

So from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for all you’ve done and will continue to do until Finding Love’s Wings is on e-readers everywhere.

 XOXO

* HugS *

Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Your Paperback Here