PRAISE FOR FINDING LOVE'S WINGS

"Journey to an island paradise and fall in love. This story will make you yearn for the power of love, the sting of passion, and the addiction of desire!" Sam at Faerie Tale Books 5 Stars

Monday, November 12, 2012

"Impossible" By Komal Lewis



I want to review this book on my blog because Komal and I have a lot in common. She is writing and releasing her first book and I was fortunate enough to be able to read an advanced copy.
I say fortunate because I believe that we can see some good things from Komal in the future and this book is a good start to a self published debut.

"Impossible" is about a high school girl named Ashton (and it did take me a little while to get use to the names that Komal used, however, they were very unique and I enjoyed this very much). Ashton is your typical high school girl, trying to fit in. She is the captain of the cheerleading squad and quickly learns that some people are not always who they seem.

Discovering that people, especially high school kids, tend to be about them selves and about their own popularity, they are quick to turn their backs on you. Ashton faces some pretty serious heartbreak and I will be the first to admit that it made me cry, and it also frustrated me because of her overall attitude.

Luca is the typical "bad boy" that kids in the school are quick to label as "a freak" or an outcast. This is part of what brings Ashton and Luca together.

I will not spoil any more of this story because I feel that to truly understand, you will need to read the book yourself.

I have written a review for both Goodreads and Amazon that will be shared below.
I do look forward to seeing what more Komal has to share with the story of Aston and Luca. It is not a book that I am totally hanging and need a sequel now, however it is one of those books that I would like to see Ashton and Luca grow up and I hope that Komal intends to continue the story.

Stop by Amazon and pick up your copy today.

Until we meet again,
Zoey D.
<3

Here is the review that I placed both on Goodreads and Amazon after purchasing a copy for my Kindle.

I have said it on Twitter, and I will say it again on Goodreads as well as Amazon. 

This book is a great Debut novel for Komal Lewis. I see many great things coming from her and I do look forward to reading more of her work. 

I was fortunate to receive an advanced copy of this story from Komal herself and I am sorry that I was unable to finish it in time to give real feedback to her before its release. 

The main character Ashton is a little hard to like, I am not going to lie about that. She starts off as a bit stuck up and I personally have little tolerance for characters and people like that in real life. However, I quickly realized that Ashton is your typical high school girl and most importantly, I saw quickly that things were going to work out. Eventually I felt sorry for her and it brought tears to my eyes. Other times I wanted to reach in and smack her stupid.

Luca is your typical bad boy that is easy to fall for. He is easy to like and in some cases easy to hate. 

One of the many things that I enjoyed about "Impossible" is that you are able to follow along with the story from both sides and written in first person vs both sides written in 3rd person. 

I give 4 stars because of the difficulty in truly being able to enjoy the character of Ashton. She frustrated me and made me want to hate her. In the end I did really enjoy her as a whole. 

I do not recommend this book to anyone under the age of 17 because of the language and adult content of the story. I do however recommend this book to anyone wanting to try a new read and what I hope becomes a series. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Your Paperback Here